We are still in the summer months but I can’t help but think about what lies ahead…
Holiday Shopping Season
We are a few short weeks away from holiday shopping season. No matter what you consider to be the start of the holidays, shopping season is coming up fast!
What to do now to prepare for holiday shoppers
Boost your Local SEO
Local SEO is particularly important for shops and businesses with physical locations. Holiday shoppers need to find your store when they search. 76% of people who conduct a local search on their smartphone visit a physical store within 24 hours.
Owning and optimizing your Google Business Profile is a key component of Local SEO. In addition to ensuring your information is accurate on your business listing, ensure your listing is always current with any holiday closures or extended holiday hours. You never want a customer to think you’re closed and choose another merchant when you’re open!
Update your Website
Holiday shoppers will be looking online for products and services. Now is the time to make sure your website is configured well for sales and ready to show up in search results.
Some quick tips:
- Perform an SEO audit to check for any performance or usability issues.
- Make sure your site is loading quickly and rendering well on mobile devices.
- Check for and fix any broken links.
- Optimize your content with keywords for search.
- Check your online store for any gaps in user experience. Make sure customers can quickly and easily navigate through products and a checkout process.
- Add an abandoned cart workflow to your online shop to reengage with incomplete sales.
- Implement a retargeting campaign on your website to stay engaged with website visitors.
- Add a pop-up to your website with a discount code or holiday special.
Build a Holiday Marketing Plan
Marketing assets and campaigns take time to build and implement. Even after you launch a campaign, it can take a few weeks to optimize for top performance. Make sure you plan ahead for the holiday season!
Ways to boost holiday sales:
- Social media campaigns can target your existing fans and ideal customers not already following you on social media.
- Geofence competitor locations and places your customers visit. This lets you serve targeted ads for your products or services to your target audience.
- Pay-per-click ads can boost your position on search engine result pages.
- Build an email list of existing customers and serve that group with exclusive deals through email marketing.
- Streaming audio and video advertisements can target your audience with messages about your holiday sales.
- Update signage for your store front or consider window clings to draw in customers.
Many of us are enjoying the warm summer months, so it can be difficult to shift into holiday season mode. However, some planning now will relieve some stress later and ensure your holiday marketing plan is running in optimal condition when your customers get into the holiday spirit.